I put this under “Big Batch Cooking” since it makes enough to feed my crew of 6 (including 3 adult-sized teenagers).
- 4 c brown rice, cooked
- 4 c chicken breast, cooked and shredded (I buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store)
- 2 c sour cream
- 2 c salsa
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional if you want it spicy)
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 c Tex Mex shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl or pot, reserving 1 c of shredded cheese aside.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with tin foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Servings: 12
- Calories per serving: 336
- Total Fat: 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.2 g
- Total Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Protein: 21.5 g
*Nutritional Information estimated using MyFitnessPal
One thought on “Mexican Chicken & Rice Casserole”
Reblogged this on BRUT IMPERIAL ANTARCTICA.